Know Before You Buy
What Makes a Quality Mattress?
A quality mattress is derived from quality materials and craftsmanship. Some people think that quality and price go hand-in-hand. While that may be true in some cases, it is not always accurate. In our 40+ years of experience, we have seen two comparable models sell for drastically different prices. Why? One company spends millions of dollars on TV and celebrity advertising with dedicated one brand storefronts in malls and standalone buildings while the other company forgoes the hype, and makes quality their craft.
What Makes a Mattress More Comfortable?
We all want comfort, but comfort is relative. What might feel soft to us, may feel firm to you. What is most important is how the mattress contours to your body. Is it supportive? Does it feel springy? Are there enough comfort layers? Does it trap heat? While most of these issues can be determined while trying out a mattress, our staff is fully trained in helping you pick the right one for you! Always try the mattress before you buy it.
Spring -vs- Foam:
Spring Mattresses, depending upon how they are made, can give head-to-toe support with minimal pressure points. With added fiber and foam layers, a spring unit can be supportive, comfortable, and affordable.
Foam Mattresses have evolved substantially since they were first introduced. With layers of memory foam and latex on top of a foam core, they can be quite comfortable. Within the past 10 years, the concept of cooling gels infused into the foam has taken the fear of a “hot” feel out of the equation.
DAVID’S FRIENDLY REMINDERS
- The Better Sleep Council recommends replacing your mattress around the seven-year mark.
- Mattresses today are thicker than in the past. Will your new mattress sit too high or too low? Will it block your headboard? Will you need a low profile box spring or frame?
- Will your new queen box spring fit up your stairs or down your hallway? Will you need split queen box springs?
- Be sure to purchase a frame with a center support for your queen or king set as this prolongs the life of the set and maintains the warranty.
- What pillows and bedding will work well with your new mattress? Will you need to purchase deep-pocket sheets?
- Mattress covers are available in our stores to protect your mattress and your warranty.
Mattress Size Chart
When it comes to buying a mattress set, it’s important to determine the exact size that you need by ensuring that (1) it’s big enough for you to lie down and comfortably move around and (2) it fits in the space you have allocated for it within your home. If it’s simply a swap out of old with new, you’ll need to ensure the new mattress measurements are in line with an existing box spring and frame size or else you may end up with unsightly overhangs or ledges. The comfort of the mattress and maneuverability in the space should be considered when purchasing your new mattress.
Our Store Policies:
- Due to the nature of our business, we cannot process refunds. However, we will gladly exchange your mattress and/or box spring once within ninety (90) days of the original sale date.
- Mattresses and box springs must be in “like new” condition with no stains or physical damage.
- Re-delivery charge and a 10% restocking fee will apply.
- Pillows, mattress covers, and adjustable bases are considered non-returnable items and are not subject to comfort guarantees.
- All warranties are subject to the manufacturer’s guidelines outlined in your warranty information